Friday, August 15, 2008

Going Where the Stylus Takes Me

I felt like working today, but didn't have anything specific in mind. I didn't want to start anything new, but didn't want to work any of my WIPs either. So, I just began doodling.

I started out just drawing basic shapes. In this case, some overlapping circles and a crescent. The shape that it formed sort of reminded me of a Trilobite, so went with that notion. I used it as an excuse to play with some custom brushes, which I used to give texture to the creature's shell or carapace.

I continued on, stacking which ended up as a cartoon ape. A rectangle became a cartoon robot. The next set of overlapping circles the four-eyed red creature.

The red creature sparked an idea to create a hybrid insect-like creature. This guy wound up with bat wings, scorpion pincers, armor and a stinger.

I finished up the session with couple of faces and a partial figure study.

Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours!

No comments: