Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ballroom Dancing - Waltz

The most elegant of the smooth dances. Taking a waltz lesson was my introduction to ballroom dancing. I think that waltz was the first dance that I danced in dancing shoes (Which, I learned, did make a big difference over dancing in street shoes!).

Here a list of my current favorite waltz music/songs:

  • Dark Waltz - Hayley Westenra
  • Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
  • Sunrise, Sunset - Jim Nabors
  • Winter Waltz - Jim Brickman
  • Fascination - Al Martino
  • Tennessee Waltz - Guy Lombardo or Norah Jones' version
  • Vito's Waltz (The Godfather) - The New 101 Strings Orchestra
  • Sleepsong - Secret Garden
  • Play Me - Neil Diamond
  • I Go To Sleep - Sia
  • Reach - Idina Manzel
  • Buck's Nouvelle Jole Blon - Buckwheat Zydeco
  • Around the World - Nat King Cole
What can I say; Eclectic is how I like my music!

I haven't danced to this yet but I think that "Silly" by Deniece Williams would make for a great song to waltz to. That's one of the really cool things that I'm finding with ballroom dancing, you start to hear the various ballroom beats in lots of contemporary music.

You can find my other posts on dance here.

No comments: