Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Aeon Flux Painting

Back in 2005, I did a couple of fan art paintings of the character, Aeon Flux. I remember wanting to paint her in a semi-realistic fashion, while keeping the “spidery-ness” that the character had on MTV’s Liquid Television. I was surprised to find that I had saved copies of some of the progress stages, so, I thought that I would share them here.

This was the initial sketch.








I’d done some work on the character and was roughing in the foreground and background elements (As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is not how I would approach the painting now.).








The background and foreground elements have been worked into the painting.








Reworking the costume.













The finished painting.








A larger version of the painting can also be viewed on my deviantART account.

No comments: